The aloe vera plant, part of the Lilaceae family, is a must-have for every home. It grows predominantly in dry climatic regions in various parts of Africa and India. Revered by the Egyptians as "the plant of immortality", it is no surprise then that it has become one of the most popular plants worldwide and has made its way into cosmetic, personal care, medicinal and nutritional products for its versatility and healing properties. Aloe Vera is used both orally and topically on the skin and hair. Studies suggest that the effectiveness of Aloe Vera is due to the synthesis of 150 different nutritional elements that work in synergy with each other.
Some of the many benefits of Aloe Vera!
1) Helps to heal eczema & psoriasis: Aloe Vera consists of lignin, which is a type of fiber that penetrates into the skin up to 7 layers deep. The deep penetration helps with a range of skin issues such as eczema and psoriasis as well as burns.
2) Anti-oxidant and Anti-Ageing: Rich with anti-oxidants, Vitamin A, C, E and other minerals such as Zinc and Selenium, Aloe Vera gel works to boost immunity as well as fights away free radicals in the body. It also contains Polysaccharides that increases collagens, firming the skin without losing its elasticity and combating ageing skin.
3) Anti-inflammatory and Anti-bacterial: Aloe Vera contains Salicylic acid which has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which relieves acne, redness and rashes.
4) Antiseptic and Anti-fungal properties: Another important constituent is Saponin. This has antiseptic properties and is able to cleanse deep into the skin, work against viruses, fungi and yeasts. If applied in the hair, it helps reduce dandruff.
5) Stimulates growth of new cells: Further benefits of Aloe Vera are the two hormones; Auxin and Gibberllins. These hormones have anti-inflammatory properties as well as stimulating the growth of new cells. Hence, the Aloe Vera works well on scars, stretch marks, and acne, and burns.
6) For oily and dry skin: Aloe Vera can be used on oily skin types, as it moisturizes without leaving a greasy feel. It is also effective on dry skin types as the parched skin quenches its thirst from the water-based Aloe Vera Plant.
Some of the many topical uses of aloe vera gels for skin and hair:
1) Make-up primer: The Aloe Vera gel works well as a primer before applying make-up to prevent the skin from drying up and protect the skin from absorbing the chemicals used in make-up.
2) After-shave gel: Men use Aloe Vera Gel as an after-shave gel to soothe the skin from cuts and smooth rough skin.
3) After-waxing gel: Aloe Vera Gel works wonders after waxing. The coolness relieves the skin instantly and diminishes the rashes caused by waxing.
4) Heal wounds and burns: Apply a small amount of Aloe Vera Gel on sunburns, cuts, rashes, scars, burns, stretch marks and acne to soothe the skin and heal the wounds.
5) Hair Mask to reduce dandruff: One of the best uses of Aloe Vera Gel is to apply as a hair mask with a few drops of lavender or tea tree essential oils to soften the hair and reduce dandruff.
6) Hair Styling Gel: Apply as hair gel to style your hair and avoid harsh chemicals.
7) Make-up remover: Aloe Vera has found to be effective as a make-up remover as well.
8) Face Cleanser: Apply the gel with a cotton bud on the face to cleanse off pollution, dirt and grime as a face cleanser too!
Naturma's best aloe vera gels with different essential oils :
Tea Tree Aloe Vera Gel :
Deep Skin Diving Tea Tree Aloe Vera Gel. Any guesses why the name Deep Skin Diving? Yes, as the name suggests, tea tree dives deep into the skin as an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal solution to help skin troubled by acne, blemishes, fungal infections and rashes.
A soothing solution that works effectively as a moisturizer, after-shave, post waxing gel, or after a sunburn. Apply it after a shower or returning home from work to freshen and cleanse.
Avoid direct sunlight straight after use. Let it dive into your skin to heal from deep within!
Lavender Aloe Vera Gel :
Do not use when you are famished! Chances are you'll want to take a spoon and eat it!!! Trust me, I've been tempted. A beautifully blissful yummy gel that tantalizes the senses! But there's more.... It works as a make-up primer, helps balance skin tone, lifts up the mood on a tired morning making you feel and look youthful and fresh!
Neem Aloe Vera Gel :
Organic Neem, the apple of herbs or should we say the 'magical component' that helps renew the skin, fight acne, eczema, burns and rashes. It provides intense Warmth as it works into the skin to heal, yet leaves the outer skin feeling Serene and cool. A therapeutic skin care solution!
Orange & Cinnamon Aloe Vera Gel :
This Aloe Vera Gel - a grease-free hydrator - is a Zesty Fusion of anti-oxidant rich Cinnamon, which defends the skin against harsh pollutants to minimize wrinkling and chapping, and sweet fresh Orange Extract that protects against blemishes. A 'smiley oil' that will leave you youthfully radiant, uplifted and joyous!
Pure Aloe Vera Gel :
"Dolce Vita" Pure Aloe Vera Gel, which in Italian means Sweet Life is a grease-free multi-purpose hydrator for all skin types. A must have in every home!! It cools the skin to relieve pain from burns, dry or damaged skin. It also brings coolness and relief after a hot summer's day! True to its name it brings sweet delight to sore skin!! .
Cucumber & Chamomile Aloe Vera Gel:
Feel mellowed out with this perfect blend of thirst-quenching Aloe Vera Gel and refreshing Cucumber Extract to sooth dry, thirsty and sensitive skin. Combined with Chamomile Extract, a natural anti-inflammatory it relieves tired muscles and eyes. A perfect Mellow Tone to cool off and soothe the skin after a tiring, hot day. Functions too, as an after-shave or after waxing gel.
Peach & Avocado Aloe Vera Gel:
Skin-calming Aloe Vera Gel absorbs into the skin with a velvety-smoothness without leaving a greasy residue. Cushioned with sweet scented Peach Extract it helps renew and replenish bleak looking skin. Vitamin C-rich creamy Avocado provides regeneration and detoxification, making you feel Forever Young.
Blueberry Aloe Vera Gel:
Our sinfully delicious low toned BLUEBERRY and GRAPEFRUIT Aloe Vera Gel leaves you feeling completely replenished.
The deep blue and red pigmented Blueberry is a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals that damage collagens (that make up 25% of your protein content in the body). It works as a protection against varicose veins and premature aging.
Grapefruit is a powerhouse that removes toxins from the body and skin.
Uses: On burns, sunburn, and cuts. After-shave or after waxing gel. Firms the skin. Protection from polluted air. Prevents maturing of skin, Anti-ageing. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight straight after application.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
You must have heard people say, "use skincare products that are right for your skin type." It is logical and all and yes I agree but I really don't know what my skin type really is!
Here is a overview that will help you identify your skin type with some ease. - It gets even better - we have selected some products that we believe will suit the skin type.
Hope this helps!